Ukulele Lessons in San Diego
So you want to learn how to play the ukulele? Wonderful! In as little as 4 lessons I’ll help you begin strumming like champ! I’ll get you moving on a path to musical happiness, even if you’ve never sung or played a musical instrument before. I feel like my purpose in life is to teach. I’m thrilled when I see students grow and learn while improving their lives. It’s a glorious feeling! I create a positive and nurturing environment in my home music studio where comfort is emphasized while developing your music skills. I specialize in teaching beginners from ages 7 through 87.
I teach standard GCEA tuning for Soprano, Concert and Tenor ukuleles. I also teach DGBE tuning for Baritone ukuleles. I also teach how to sing and play your uke at the same time. Just let me know if that is something you’re interested in.
Check out my reviews on YELP!
Here’s what you’ll learn in my intro/absolute beginner ukulele lessons:
- Learn the 4 strings and how to tune them.
- Learn how to hold your ukulele.
- Learn which fingers to use when strumming
- Learn one finger chords.
- Learn two finger chords.
- Learn how to read a chord chart.
- Learn several strumming patterns. Learn a song of your choice!
Here’s what you’ll learn as an intermediate/advanced beginner:
- 3 finger chords.
- Barre chords.
- Rhythmic and more advanced strumming patterns.
- Learn individual notes on the ukulele.
- Intro to Finger picking.
- How to change your ukulele strings
Here’s what you’ll learn as an intermediate player:
- Moving chords up the neck.
- Music theory.
- Musical scales.
- Playing chords and melodies together.
- Learn how to read music.
- Finger pick melodies.
Monthly, private ukulele lesson rates: New rates as of May 1, 2017
- 4 – 30 minute lessons held each week: $125/month
- 4 – 60 minute lessons held each week: $240/month
- Single 60 minute lesson: $75
CONTACT Alison today to schedule your ukulele lessons!