Acoustic Vintage Jazz Duo
Alison Marae and Wil Forbis
The duo’s appealing sound is a mix of Alison Marae’s contralto vocals and cheery ukulele with Wil Forbis’ tasty lead guitar and jazzy scat. Thrown into live shows are scat solos, soft shoe percussion, radio show humor and trivia/history of songs and past eras. The duo plays vintage acoustic jazz, swing, blues and originals inspired by generations past. The duo is sometimes available as a trio or quartet upon request. They are otherwise known as Birdy and the Bow Tie.
Highlighted PAST EVENTS
- International Make Music Day/Balboa Park 2015 and 2017.
- San Diego Ukulele Festival 2015 (performance and workshop instructor).
- Unplugged Music Festival, San Diego 2015, 2016.
- San Diego Pride Festival 2015
- Art Around Adams Festival 2015
- 48 Hour Film Festival
- San Diego Music Thing Festival and Conference, 2014
- Adams Ave Music Festival, 2014.
- Steam Worlds Fair, 2014
- Libertopia Festival at Humphries by the Bay, 2013.
- Portland, OR Music Tour, August 2017.
- Pacific Northwest Music Tour August 2016
- European Music Tour (Paris, London) Oct 2015.
- Hawaii Music Tour July 2014.
Live performance: The Happy Hour San Diego 107.9 FM. Sept 2015
Vintage Music List
Accentuate the Positive
All of Me
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon
Darktown Strutters Ball
Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
Dream a Little Dream
Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue
Georgia on my Mind
I Ain’t Got Nothin’ But the Blues
I Can’t Give You Anything But Love
I’m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter
It Don’t Mean a Thing (If it Ain’t Got That Swing)
It Had To Be You
It’s Only a Paper Moon
Love Me or Leave Me
Lover Come Back To Me
Lullaby of Birdland
Mean to Me
On the Sunnyside of the Street
Over the Rainbow
Shine on your Shoes Side by Side
Slow Boat to China
Spreadin’ Rhythm Around
Take the A Train
The Very Thought of You
Them There Eyes
This Can’t Be Love
Tonight You Belong To Me
For Bookings, click to contact Alison.
You must be logged in to post a comment.