Sing and Play Ukulele WORKSHOPS
at Hale Ukulele:
3650 Clairemont Dr. Suite 5A San Diego, 92117
Date: Sat May 11 from 2-4pm.
Adult/Teen Beatles Slow Strum Ukulele workshop. For ukulele players who’ve been playing consistently for at least 6 months. We will strum and play from the Beatles songbook. Students will get strumming suggestions and tips on chord progressions and changes in several different keys (songs will be in keys of C major, G major, A minor and D major.) This workshop will allow students to strum and sing songs within a group in a slower paced setting. Songbook included.
Sat, May 11 Time: 2-4pm
Location: Hale Ukulele
Cost: $40 Cash or Venmo accepted.
Register here to reserve your spot
Intro to the Ukulele; Level 1 Description:
- Playing the ukulele is fun and easy! In this introduction workshop, you’ll quickly progress on a path to musical happiness! Ukuleles are available to borrow during the workshop upon request. You’ll learn:
- Learn how to hold your ukulele.
- Learn which fingers to use when strumming.
- Learn one, two and three finger chords in the key of C major.
- Learn how to read a ukulele chord chart.
- Learn several basic strumming patterns.
- Learn how to transition between chords.
- Learn what the four strings of a ukulele are tuned to.
- Learn a handful of easy songs by the end of the workshop.
- Learn the basics of singing and playing the ukulele at the same time.
Beyond Beginner Ukulele Level 2 Description
This next level ukulele workshop is geared for those who have either taken Intro Ukulele Level 1 or can already easily play and transition between chords in the key of C major (C, F, A minor and G or G7). We will be reviewing chords and songs the key of C major and learning new chords and songs in the key of G major.
- We’ll review chords and songs in the key of C major.
- Learn new chords in the key of C and G major.
- Learn how to play a barre chord.
- Learn several rhythmic strumming patterns.
- Learn songs in the key of C and G major.
- Learn how to smoothly transition between chords.
- Learn how to sing and play the ukulele at the same time!
- Breath control,
- Body awareness,
- Vocal dynamics
- Vocal range,
- Learn to carry a tune and correct off-pitch singing.
- Visualization exercises for calming nerves/ease anxiety.
- Lots of songs!